Friday, November 23, 2007

Thanksgiving Day

Margaret's sister, Robin, and her husband, Mike, (Robin and Mike's blog) hosted our family and Margaret and Robin's parents for Thanksgiving Dinner. We are having a great time with them. On Thanksgiving morning, the ladies started cooking... ok, they actually started the night before. Meanwhile, the men had to chop the wood, mend the fences, milk the cows, and watch TV.

Miranda helped prepare dinner, but she was also responsible for setting the table. We had turkey, dressing, giblet gravy, cranberry sauce, deviled eggs, lima beans, rolls, pumpkin pie, pecan pie, and two types of sweet potato casserole. Yes, you read correctly, we had two types of sweet potato casserole: one had marshmallows on top, while the other was prepared correctly with chopped pecans and brown sugar on top. I was responsible for carving the turkey, which had to have been the largest turkey I have ever seen. I think I did a pretty good job cutting it up; at least, no one complained.

After dinner, Miranda showed off some of her Tae Kwon Do self-defense moves by flipping me off of her. Yes, she really flipped me; I didn't let her do it. Then, Aunt Robin and Miranda made a Gingerbread house. I hope you enjoy all of the pictures!

BubbleShare: Share photos - Print Christmas Coloring Pages.

No comments: