Friday, December 14, 2007

Busy, fun week

So, this has been a very busy week for us. Yes, I know, this is a busy time for everyone. I thought I would give you a rundown on some of the things we've done this week.

Sunday, after our church's normal weekly meeting, we provided lunch for some children in a nearby neighborhood. A family that's part of the church works with a group called 40 West Ministry, which goes out to the neighborhood a couple of times a week to play with the kids, provide lunch on Saturday, and have a Bible study. We invited the kids and their parents, but none of the parents came to the lunch. We were glad that the children came, though.

Tuesday night, I attended a homeowner's association meeting for the first time ever in my life. Even though we've lived in neighborhoods with homeowner's associations before, I've never attended a meeting. Margaret told me that I had to promise not to volunteer for anything - and I did not volunteer for anything at all. She was proud of me. I learned alot about our neighbors and their concerns about the neighborhood.

Wednesday night, we hosted some friends at our home. A few years ago, Ron and Isabelle, some friends that we knew in Georgia and North Carolina, moved to Canada to start a church. They were back in North Carolina this week, and they came to our house that night. Several people who knew them also came by. It was great to hear from them and what God had been doing in their town in Canada.

This afternoon (Friday), Margaret and the kids and some friends went to see another friend in a Christmas play. Our little friend, Caleb, will be 3 Monday, and this was his first play. They say he did a wonderful job, smiled alot, and sang the songs. I wish I could have gotten off of work to watch him.

These are the highlights from the last week. There's more fun coming up this weekend.

No comments: